Volunteer Action Monitoring report for 2014.
The monitoring survey this year was predominantly undertaken by telephone as a trial. The surveys were conducted by the same individual over a 10 day period after 1 o’clock when the phone lines were less busy. However some surveys were sent out to accommodate a number of passengers who are unable to use the phone effectively but may still have wanted to comment on the service.
We had a response rate of 83% (58 out of 70 surveys completed). This is a higher rate than last year (61%), and may be due to a large number of the surveys being conducted by telephone.
In order to select passengers who have recently used the service, and so would be able to accurately recall their experience, a two week period in June this year was selected and all passengers on the drive list were contacted. The results of the survey are listed below.
|Booking Service||1 (Poor)||2||3||4||5 (Excellent)|
|Quality of Service||5||51|
|Value for Money||6||52|
Comments as a Percentage
|Quality of Service||9%||91%|
|Value for Money||2%||98%|
We had one individual who scored the politeness of the booking staff as average. This was because they felt that they had been ‘told off’ when booking a last minute drive. Although we encourage a notice period of 48 hours we do know that health professionals often do not give such notice to their patients. We are not sure if the occasion the passenger was reporting about was a health related appointment or not.
It is good to know that overall 98% of our passengers rate the service overall as excellent and 2% as good.
Below are passenger ideas for improvement, they are in no particular order and it is for the trustees to discuss the viability of any of the ideas presented.
- Sunday outings would be nice.
- Advertise the service more.
- Early bookings could allow more time for rush hour traffic.
- A contact number to cancel an afternoon drive if the office is closed.
- An afternoon service.
- Email confirmation of drive to passenger.
- Emergency standby car for short notice medical appointments.
- Put up the price.
- Weekend service.
Comments made about the Volunteer Action Car Service.
- Polite and Professional.
- Satisfied with the service.
- Never had any complaints, often able to accommodate a last minute appointment which is great.
- Getting into the habit of phoning in the day before is difficult but I can’t think of a better way to confirm a drive.
- I cannot think of any way to improve this excellent service -10 out of 5!
- We are very thankful for the service.
- I am very happy with the service.
- Spot on.
- Last minute lecture from booking member of staff.
- They are always there when I need them.
- The service is wonderful.
- Everyone is absolutely marvellous.
- I cannot fault the service for which I remain ever grateful.
- I would never get out and be completely house bound without the service; you people help me so much to get out.
- Suits me down to the ground.
- Very happy with the service. £3 is good value for money.
- They really provide an excellent service.
- I don’t know what we would do without the service, there are no busses when you need them.
- Fantastic service!
- Affordable to everyone.
- A driver bought me some vegetables which was much appreciated.
- Very grateful for all the support and help.
- Driver was helpful and reassuring when I needed a return trip organising.
- Drivers don’t always walk with me to my door but I would feel better if they did.
- Fantastic value for money.
- All excellent – very helpful and kind staff.
- Brilliant service, interesting conversations.
- Your work is excellent.