Volunteer Action is a local charity supporting the elderly, unwell, disadvantaged and those with disabilities in Oundle, Thrapston and the surrounding villages from Easton-on-the-Hill to Titchmarsh.
We aim to help people keep their independence, stay living in their own homes and remain an active part of the community. We provide a community car scheme, a befriending service and an enhanced referral service. All drivers and befrienders are volunteers.
Our members can
- take part in everyday activities that are so easily taken for granted
- visit friends and relatives or do their shopping
- go to the doctor, dentist, clinics and hospitals including Addenbrookes and Leicester
- have a like-minded person visit regularly in their own home
- get advice on other help available, including support to access those services and follow-up calls to ensure the help has been suitable
In 2016 Volunteer Action celebrated 21 years of service. We have grown to be an organisation keeping 76 volunteer drivers, 35 volunteer befrienders and 7 office volunteers busy helping over 750 members. Drivers covered over 85,600 miles in 2015 and befrienders donated over 700 hours of their time providing a friendly service to our befriendees.
We welcome new members every day.
We would love to hear from you if you can volunteer for us.